Wednesday 16 July 2014

D'arcy Doyle Art Awards 2014

I'm very pleased to say that one of the 2 paintings I sent to the D'arcy Doyle Art Awards 
in Queensland, Australia has sold. I received the following email from Atsuko Shima,
the event administrator - 


'I’m so happy for you and thrilled to tell that your “Cornish Cliffs – Early Evening” has gone to a lovely local lady today!!  Congratulations!!  The buyer visited the area years ago with her husband and “I just love it”, she said.'

This is the second year I have sent over entries to this well known art exhibition, which is in a small town named Mudgeeraba, just inland from Queensland's Gold Coast.  The Doyle art awards are always well attended, and is a nationally recognised event in Australia, with prize money totalling $17,000. This years winners, and more information can be found on their web site, darcydoyleartawards.com.au/


An image of the painting can be seen on the previous post. The unsold remaining painting of Holywell Bay, can now be seen at 'Brendens gallery' 489 Scottsdale Drive, Varsity lakes, Queensland.

No comments:

Post a Comment